Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What they do wrong in Spain


Litter. I noticed this in Italy too. Apparently southern Europeans are casual with their garbage. I remember as a child visiting a picnic area near Zaragoza, and finding it literally ankle-deep in garbage.

Of course Madrid is a big city, and big cities are dirty... but I've noticed a lot of trash in weird places, like the campus of Complutense University. Between the litter and the spray-paint, the place looks like a war-zone, not Spain's academic center. The graffiti is a huge problem here as well, not just in the city, but pretty much everywhere that I have visited.

Spain also employs more street-sweepers than anywhere else I have seen. Maybe this is a weird job-promotion plan?

1 comment:

  1. I was told to throw trash to these guys could keep their jobs..Lady M

    ReplyDelete