Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I like this town


Toledo has been very nice. This town is about the same size as Asheville, and has many of its more endearing qualities, especially a quaint, walkable downtown. Everything here is straight up or down hill as well. And, much like Asheville, the town is nicely paced and full of friendly people, a stark contrast to the frantic Madrid.

My time in the archives here has also been very pleasant and productive. I don't think I found anything revolutionary, but I did find a number of useful items. We'll have to see how it all plays out. The staff at the Archivo Capitulares have been fantastically helpful and welcoming. I don't think I could have asked for a better experience. I am saddened that I only have one day left there, though in reality I may have to return a little later, depending on what I find in Madrid.

So I will spend the next forty-eight hours finishing my work and lingering a little in the nicer parts of Toledo. I will definitely miss this dusty, stark, but beautiful center of Castilla and will look forward to coming back and spending time here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment